Home > Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Collection

Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Collection

World's Last Hudson Dealership

Their tag line reads Since 1927, the World's Last Hudson Dealership. This collection, housed in a triangular shaped building in the Depot Town section of Ypsilanti, has a Hudson Hornet on display in the front window and an old neon sign proclaiming it as a Hudson dealership. The collection is designed to teach about the unusual role Ypsilanti and its pioneers played in the history of the American automobile. On exhibit are cars from long ago as well as the records of early auto dealers such as Hudson, Tucker, Kaiser, Frazer and more. It's important to note, when understanding Ypsilanti's auto heritage, that  within 24 years of the manufacture of the first car,  the city had produced an automobile line of its own: The innovative Apex Motor Corporation created the "ACE." Later would follow Preston Tucker's "Car of Tomorrow," the Tucker Torpedo; the Kaiser, the Frazer; the Chevrolet Corvair.

Address:
112 East Cross Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48198
GPS Coordinates:
42.246, -83.60778
Contact:
Phone: 734-482-5200
 
Add This To Your Itinerary

SWMPC| 376 West Main Street Suite 130 | Benton Harbor, MI 49022-3651 | 269.925.1137